Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WEDDING WEEK!! - July 25, 2011


HOLA ALL!!

San Rafael is as good as ever. The weather has been great this week and we met lots of great people. Hermana Zepeda got bronchitis and has been very sick the last 3 days. She is doing better now. It gave me a chance to finish doing some wedding decorations since I obviously had to stay inside too. I feel great amazingly, not even a sniffle. Miracle really!

Well this week is going to be a blast. Stressful but beautiful! Hermana Zepedas Visa got rejected and we have to go to the mission offices in Mendoza (3.5hr bus ride) Tuesday-Wednesday. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my birthday doing ¨trametes¨ (errands, business) but it should be fun. The bus rides are always a fun and exciting experience. You meet ALL sorts of crazy interesting people. Plus I should be able to see Presidente Avila and Hna Richins and all the other people that work in Mendoza I never see because we are in the outer darkness of the mission haha.

Friday we are going to the civil part of the Garrido´s marriage. Saturday we have the wedding/ring ceremony at 5pm, baptism at 6, and celebration of both at 7. Should be CRAZY fun and amazing. I hope everything works out the way we planned. We are trying to make it a very spiritual and memorable experience for all, since lots of non members will be coming. PLEASE pray that all goes well. I think I will cry when the whole thing is over. Or maybe throughout because I have been waiting for this for so long than Karina and Marcelo (the parents) are so excited to finally be married and receive the Holy Ghost. Nothing more beautiful in the mission!!

Agustina and Lucia (the girls that were baptized last week) are reading outloud and praying with their family everyday. I am amazed everyday with their progress and love of the Gospel! I feel so blessed! They are planning their missions for 2020 haha!

Love you all! Shout out to Mark and Olivia Guthrie, Kristin McComas- your letters should be mailed this week! Expect 3-4 weeks.

Pics
1) One park we walk through to get to this neighborhood. I love it!
2) The Bishop made us a expensive Argentine BBQ or asado. YUUUMMYYY



CHAO FROM SAN RAFAEL;

HNA THATCHER

No comments:

Post a Comment