Thursday, July 21, 2011

AMAZING week, baptisms - July 18, 2011

 Our beautiful baptism on Saturday
All the posters all around town for the futbol tourney

 I was hungry one day, I wanted to catch this chicken and eat it!

Hna Zepeda and I eating and watching the game

 I made the Elders help cut.

My second family, the Garridos

The Garrido youngest girls come run and attack me with hugs

All my tights look like this. I love the signs of hard work!

We made 12 or so pizzas in the stake center for the Zone

Power nap in San Rafael!

At the end of transfer, some of the Zone eating at a super yummy pizza place
Hola Friends and Family! 
July 18

Wow I had about the hardest week last week and this week was about the best! How about that? We have been teaching two girls named Agustina and Lucia and they were baptized this Saturday. I was soooo proud of them! They are super strong and their mom is close behind them to get baptized. There is nothing better than watching the people you spend so much time teaching and praying for enter the waters of baptism. Better than winning a big basketball game. This was Hna Zepeda´s first two this transfer and with the way the Lord is blessing us, we should have some more if we work really hard. They got confirmed yesterday and I almost cried. They are about Aubrey´s age and wrote me the sweetest note yesterday, it made me think a lot about how much I love these girls but love and miss my own little sister. Interesting how that happens huh? Tuesday we also found an awesome family who has five kids. The parents are the perfect example of how the Lord prepares people´s hearts before we arrive. They are wanting to be baptized but are on vacation right now so when they get back we are going to work our butt´s off and teach them with all we´ve got! Familia Araniz. Muy buenos! So so so grateful for this week! 

The leaders we have right now are amazing. The zone leaders are like our big brothers. Elder Smith from Mesa, AZ and Elder Gonzales from Buenos Aires. They know we are new and like to work hard so they always pump us full of advice and ¨amino¨or go get em attitude and are helping us a ton. I am very grateful to have good leaders when we sometimes don't know what to do, but we are definitely getting more and more confidence and used to the mission situations now. The best part was they came to our baptism Saturday and said we did such a good job this week that they gave us permission to go out and get pizza and watch the COPA Argentine Soccer game! So we went and sat with all the crazy fanatic Argentines and had a great time watching the game even though we sadly lost.

So it is snowing right now. Bummer I know. My poor Honduranean companion has never seen snow and thinks she might literally die of cold haha poor girl. Weather has a ton to do with how the mission goes so this week we are going to have to be creative to keep our motivation up. We are still planning the wedding for the Familia Garrido and things are looking amazing. We are passing by them every day to read scriptures with them and doing other little acts of service which seems to really help them. July 30. What a birthday present?! We finally got the relief society to help but everyone is so short on money we are getting creative. The picture attached is one we used on the invitations. 

So long time without pictures so I sent a lot.
1) At the end of transfer, some of the Zone eating at a super yummy pizza place
2) When we come down the street, the Garrido youngest girls come run and attack me with hugs. I love them! Crazy dirty girls!
3) My second family
4) All the posters all around town for the futbol tourney
5) Sometimes there are random animals in the streets so I was hungry one day and wanted to catch this chicken and eat it
6) I was EXHAUSTED this day and since our lunch was a 45 min walk from the apartment we took a nap in a field instead of going home and then went back to work. Power nap in San Rafael! And of course I loved the Hip Hop background
7) Last pday we made 12 or so pizzas in the stake center for the Zone
8) I made the Elders help cut. Amazing the things they don't know how to do haha but their future wives will thank us
9) Our beautiful baptism on Saturday
10) Hna Zepeda and I eating and watching the game
11) All my tights look like this. Disgusting. I wear socks over them but from all the walking they are all ripped like this and my ugly heels are destroyed. Love the signs of hard work! 


No comments:

Post a Comment