Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 4, 2011 - Cold but happy

Hello ALL!!

This will be short because I made some Cd's for my investigators of Spanish church music. But this week was hard but I learned some unforgettable lessons. We taught a lady 3 lessons and committed her to baptism and then found out she had already been baptized and has some major mental problems. I felt that when we were teaching but wasn't sure what I was feeling so we kept going. It was a hard lesson but a good one. Also, it has been around 20 degrees this week. I wasn't prepared that it was going to be that cold here. My poor beautiful companion from the warm country of Honduras from wanted to die. Our water heater also broke so I am professional at bathing with a pot of hot water. Our wedding we were planning got postponed and one of our investigators is moving out of the providence.

Well, sounds like a lot is going on no? Let me just say I am as happy as ever. It was hard, but I felt it just brought me that much closer to Christ. We had an amazing testimony meeting and brought lots of people to church and also we have been pumping up the members to work with us and they are on fire helping us with the work. I am SOOO grateful. When things are hard there are only two ways you can look at it. You can ask why things are happening and feel ungrateful or you can ask the Lord how you can get through them and fast and pray. He will give you a way and a spirit to do it I can promise. Training in my second transfer hasnt been a piece of cake, but it was been a blast. Learning opportunity of a lifetime here. We got transfer calls and I get to stay here with Hna Zepeda another transfer. I love her to death and we work awesome together. We both dont really know what we are doing so rely a ton on the spirit and have had some life changing lessons. I cant wait for this transfer and all we have planned. 

The Lord is always there for us. No matter if it is 9pm and 10 degrees and knocking on doors with angry people or in a home made of bricks with no heating and 15 people or in a warm house with lonely and sad people. I feel so grateful for what I have and I hope you do too. Love you all and thanks for your prayers. Please pray for the Familia Garrido if you can. They are being hit with about every trial while we are preparing their wedding. This family is special and Satan knows it. But we are going to fight even harder. 


Love,

Hermana Thatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment