Saturday, July 16, 2011

June 27, 2011 Miracles, Extra Strength...Wow week!

Hello All! 

Well, where should I begin? This week has been a complete whirlwind. Let me explain. 

Tuesday. We had interviews with President Lindahl. Wow mission presidents are amazing. Probably the best interview I have ever had in my life. He gave me great mission advice and advice for after the mission. Very inspired man. So at the end of the interview he asked me if I could switch to be companions with Hermana Zepeda. Hermana Zepeda is the beautiful hermana from Honduras who barely got here and her father passed away. He felt I was the one to do it and I could do it. She has been really struggling with keeping going and Hna Diaz doesn't want the responsibility of training and feels is having a hard time helping and keeping herself going too. I was really shocked that he trusted me with the big job to train and help someone who just had her father pass away but I gladly accepted the change. Needless to say I didn't sleep that night. Did President Lindahl forget I am still in my second transfer? How was I ready to lead another person through the area to meet every member and investigator again and lead the new lessons? How was I to give advice and teach when I have still so much to learn? Well, good thing this isn't Emily Thatcher's mission, but the Lord's. No doubt in my mind he WILL help me and HAS helped me prepare for this moment. 

But here I am today, feeling amazing and blessed more than I can imagine. I have fasted and prayed for strength and guidance and felt that I have been given so much. It was a very quick switch from being the trainee and the younger companion to trainer and senior companion but what a better way to learn, literally baptism by fire I felt. I have been more obedient that I think I was capable of and we have been trying to listen to every whisper of the spirit. And no it has not been easy, but we found 14 new people this week (only working 4 days) which is pure testimony that missionaries are not here because of their capabilities and teaching skills, but to be used as instruments of the spirit- something we put exactly in practice this week. Each day I try to make it fun for Hna Zepeda, because I know she is still hurting so bad inside. I know I cant rush the healing, but I am trying to make the freezing cold hard days as fun as I can think of. She is AMAZING. She has only been baptized for 3 years and has such a deep understanding of the gospel and the Atonement of Christ, I love every second with her. Plus speaking Spanish all day is helping me tremendously! Well half of the day we play charades trying to explain something (because she doesn't know any English) but it is so fun!

So another week begins. We have transfers next week but I have a feeling we will stay together. But we also get our new mission president President Sergio Avila next week which should be awesome. We have heard all sorts of rumours from the members so we will see. I'm sure he will be amazing!

Please pray for Hermana Zepeda and I. We have less than 6 months experience combined and leave each day with the hope that whatever we encounter, the Lord will guide us through. Isnt the mission amazing?!

Love,

Hermana Emily Thatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment