Friday, June 24, 2011

Brrr......June 20, 2011

Painting faces for Flag Day


Family Garrido
Hola All!! Hope you are enjoying your summer! Ok, now it is finally getting cold here! Makes finding people so much harder! We try and jog from appointment to appointment to keep warm in the mornings and evenings. Lots of the people don't have heaters that we taught this week in a more humbler area so it was freeezing. Builds character though. Wouldnt have it any other way! 

Not much to report this week. Just good steady progress. We are running around like crazy trying to get our amazing investigators to come to church with us. We have a college aged girl named Natali prepared to be baptized. She is a miracle. She got hit by a car on a sidewalk two years ago and broke almost every bone in her body, her heart stopped, was in a coma for four months and is here now to live and tell about it! She lives 20 minutes from the church walking, but her walking speed is about 45 minutes to the church because of all her leg problems resulting from the accident. It was so humbling walking with her and listening to her sweet testimony along the way. We took step by step with her, waking up really early to go pick her up, and I was just so grateful for the life and health I have to be able to walk normal. It was a real testimony to me and softened my heart. Miracles are real. Two people that were planned to be baptized had some things come up so we pushed them back to this week. Having tons of faith it will all work out! We are also planning the wedding of a family we have been teaching this and last transfer, the Family Garrido. I am sooooo excited! That is the first picture I sent, all the kids in the family. They basically have nothing so we have lots to plan! We are involving all the ward members but it still is going to be lots. I probably wouldn't even want to plan a wedding in the states, let alone here haha! Wish us luck! July 1st is the casamiento and July 2nd is the baptism. It will be amazing, I cant wait! 

Today is Dia de Bander, or Flag Day. People get more into it here than the states so we decided to join the Argentine pride and paint faces. Fun no? Gotta try to do fun things to break up the week! Then we played monopoly in spanish in the chapel with the Elders. fun!

Oh another miracle this week. True story of the protection missionaries have. Almost forgot about this! On Wednesday I was walking like normal and passed a big dog. Didn't look abnormal or mad or anything so we just went on our way like every other 100 dogs we pass during the day. Well it happened so fast but it came behind me and bit me! In the back of the leg really hard! Then he just whimpered and ran away right after! I looked at my leg and it was all wet in teeth marks and felt really sore but my skirt was perfectly in tact and no bite marks on my leg. It would of been a bad bite, but I have absolutely no doubt that I was protected somehow and the dog couldn't bite through as much as he probably wanted to. Crazy huh! So there, I've been bit by my first dog but was protected so all is well! 

The mission is amazing. I love every second. The Lord is always there, he protects us and sends us help. The Holy Ghost will guide us, if we are worthy of the companionship. Everything works out if it is according to His plan. All is well.

Hermana Thatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment