Sunday, August 21, 2011

No News Yet! - August 15, 2011

Well, my third transfer is officially over. And yes, we have not received any news on transfers or what will happen until tomorrow, sorry. I am just as anxious as you all! But, I think I learned more this last 6 weeks than my whole mission until then. It pushed me, pushed my faith and made me a better missionary and person than I ever thought I could become. I thought I could not do it but we made it! I have been thinking about all the recent converts and investigators we have and all their trials. I wrote this one night after we got home. It is from the perspective of 3 of the people I love but are passing through trials I never could imagine.

The Healer

Lord, my family is sick, I am sick. Fourteen years of my short life have been painfully hard, I need Thee. My father has a fatal kidney disease and is in a wheelchair, my mother has no job and is losing faith. I sell necklaces on the street so that we can have food on the table but now have been diagnosed with a severe juvenile arthritis. My joints are swollen, frozen, and I cry myself to sleep with the pain. I cannot walk, use my hands or do much of anything.  Please help us Lord, we need thee. 

Daughter, ¨I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee¨ (2 Kings 20:5)


Father, the world around us seems like it is closing in. How can me and my 11 year old sister stand strong against friends that have left us, neighbors that mock us, and family that is falling apart. We read and pray together every night but are we strong enough to survive this all on our own? He hits Mom and Satan´s power has become a thick cloud in our humble home. Where do we go to escape? 

Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole: go in peace.... be not afraid, only believe¨¨( Mark 5:35, 36)


Savior, is my husband with you? I feel so broken here alone with our baby boy. It has been four months since he left this earth, the hardest months on my life. Nineteen years does not prepare you for a heartache like this, where do I go from here? Can you heal my heart and show us the way because I do not have the strength to live and my future has changed forever. Will I see him again and what can I do with my broken life here so very alone?

Daughter, ¨if though believest in the redemption of Christ, thou canst be healed¨ (Alma 15:8).

And so He heals us; every heartache, every cry, every hopeless and sleepless night. He knows who we are, He knows where we need to go and He was walked and paid for the road ahead of us. For the times when there seems like all is lost, our faith will make us whole. The Healer and Savior of our lives, the Redeemer of us all, our Lord Jesus Christ. 





And that is what I want to leave with you. I have learned more about the Atonement recently through other people than through any other time. It breaks my heart to see people here with such stuggles but I know I can show them the way out. I hope you all are doing well and I pray things there are good.


Love,

Hermana THATCHER XOXOXOXOX

Pictures:
1 We made 4 dozen cinnamon rolls for my 6 months mark!
2) a normal day walking around w my AMAZING companion
3) 4)The city sign as you come into town
5) Hermana Angela. I taught her how to play ¨Come Come Ye Saints¨ on her old electronic organ. Took a few visits. She is 90 yrs old and is less active but I love her to pieces! 
6) /) We went to Valle Grande (Hna Wilde and I) with the elders today. He had a great time!!! (Sorry no group pics)







No comments:

Post a Comment