Monday, August 22, 2011

Transfers...!!!!! - August 22, 2011

!Hola Familia Y Amigos! 22 Agosto 

DRUMMMM ROLLLL..............................................................................................................
AHAHAHAHHAHA..................

Ok just kidding. That is how I felt when we were all gathered together for tranfser calls. Well lets just say that this was a huge suprize but at the same time I felt informed before hand. The night before (Monday night) I had a dream that I was training again. I woke up and though it was something silly and there was no way I could train again right after training with Hna Zepeda.

Well, the Lord likes to push me a little and I am very grateful for all the opportunities I have here to grow. The Elders saved me for almost last in the zone. The announcements went like this:

¨Hermana Zepeda...... se va a Godoy Cruz¨( She is leaving for Mendoza)----------SURPRISE # 1
¨Hermana Thatcher......se queda (I stay).......Y.......... ESTA ENTRAÑANDO!!! (is training) ¨ --------------SURPRISE # 2 and 3

And o the whole zone started cheering. I thought for a second it was a joke but remembered my dream. I was to report the next day for Mendoza to do training in a new training program the Church just came out with this month. Wow, lets just say I didnt sleep much. No one usually trains this early, but I read D & C 31 and decided that experience isnt a prerequisite the Lord looks for when he calls you, just faith and a willing heart. 

So I went to Mendoza. I was expecting to find a scared looking American girl but I was very suprized to find an older beautiful Hermana who looks to be North American but clearly is native spanish. Hermana Dana from Florencia Valera Buenos Aires. Training a latin! No one told me that! I trust President Avila with everything, and as many suprises as had happened in the last 24hrs, I am very excited to being this transfer and we are going to kill it!

Hermana Dana is amazing. She, like Hna Zepeda has a very beautiful testimony but from a very hard situation. She is 32 years old and was married in the temple to her husband but 1 year ago he was hit by a car walking normal in the street and died on impact. I almost cried hearing her conversion story to serve a mission on our conversation on the bus back from Mendoza. Not sure why I have been blessed with such strong companions with such powerful stories but I am eternally grateful. We are going to have a great transfer!

The family Hna Zepeda and I found last week came to church this week! We went to walk with them (45min walk) and went 1 hr early to their house to make sure they got ready haha. You have to really help them or they dont make it, but they did! It is looking promising for baptism. I am stoked! I feel SOOOO blessed but yes everyday is a fight. I have 6 more weeks in San Rafael to baptize and help the people that maybe I should have earlier, what a blessing and motivation.

So, until next week. Pray for us, we are young on a journey and work very important. May the Lord bless you all with experiences to grow like he has for me!

Love,

Hna Thatcher


No comments:

Post a Comment