Thursday, August 11, 2011

Conferencia de Zona‏ - August 8, 2011

Our Zone Conference


Playing Football w/Elders on P-Day (my 2nd favorite sport now!)


P-Day playing in a huge old park


How excited I was to open my birthday package!


We made a cake for these college aged members we always eat Lunch with on Sunday. Melani y Yessica! 
 Family and Friends!

The weather is finally normal! It took about the whole week for the snow to melt but now we have relatively warm weather.  We had a great week. Presidente Avila traveled down to have Zone Conference with us on Friday and what a spiritual day!! Wow! We did a ton of practices and learned a ton about how to love the people and work with their necesisties. I learned a ton and we are putting the lessons to practice everyday.

This week we found an awesome family! The are very humble and have 5 children. They told us they had lost a 2 yr old child recently who fell into a ditch and drowned, a very sad story. We taught them about the hope in the plan of salvation and how they could all live together again someday. It was very powerful. The mom wants them all to be baptized and all the kids love the lessons. I am super excited for them! Familia Gonzalez! The only thing is we have transfers next week ugh! I think it is my turn to leave beautiful San Rafael, but who knows. I have been here a little over 4 months, and complete SIX MONTHS this week!!! WOWOOWW!! I´m getting old!! Anyways, really the Lord guided us perfectly to this family and I cannot wait to see them progress and learn to love and live the gospel.

Well, short message this week. All is well here and I am anxious for next week to see what happens with transfers. I will have a hard time leaving the families and investigators here but it is all in the Lord´s hands. I will go where You want me to go.......

Love you all,
Hna Thatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment