Wednesday, August 3, 2011

ALL IS WELL IN SNOWY SAN RAFAEL - August 1, 2011

Family and Friends,


MARCELO and KARINA are MARRIED, BAPTIZED, and we are planning the temple sealing date for the following year! I really couldn't be happier! But wow, it was the hardest and best week of the mission. EVERYTHING went wrong the whole week but when it came down to all the ceremonies and baptism, all was perfect. I took an authorized 3 hr nap this morning because I really didn't sleep much this week for all the craziness! Exhaustion but great great week! 

We went to Mendoza which was a fun change you could say. Hermana Zepeda´s visa is all ok now but not the funnest day running all over town doing paperwork but oh well, it happens. I did get to talk to our new president and see my trainer Hna Richins who is there right now which was the highlight of the trip. He is such a great president, and lots of things are going to change here soon for the good. 

Well Friday was the civil part of the wedding which was very awesome! It rained all day which made things hard but we still worked and started decorating in the night with the help of all the stuff we gathered to decorate from the members. Then Saturday morning we woke up and there was 1 ft of SNNNOOOWW!!! Gosh it was beautiful but wow I wanted to cry. We had already had tons of problems getting everything ready up until that point and snow just was the cherry on top haha. Usually we can walk to the chapel in 5-7 minutes but it took us 20 minutes because my beautiful companion is short and the snow was almost to her knees in places. But, everywhere we walked we sung ¨Come Come Ye Saints¨and other pioneer songs. We both came to the conclusion that we wouldn't have been very good pioneers haha.  

We started filling the font and then we realized the heater was broken. It was shooting out water colder than the snow outside. We prayed, yes we prayed to try to fix it for then. All the phone lines where down because so many trees with snow had fallen on the cables. I looked at it, thought the power source was bad so went walking in the snowstorm for 30 min to the nearest store that was open during the siesta (the whole town closes from 1-4pm). We returned and put in the cable and battery and it worked beautifully!!! I almost cried! We blasted to warm water in the fount and I got in to un-freeze by legs and toes which I swore had hypothermia. We failed to take a picture of all of this! Anyways, we had hot water, the decorations where done, the music was set up and at 5:30 we changed into nicer clothes and everyone got there (the Bishop and the other family in the ward who has a car took turns driving around and picking everyone up because it was dangerous to walk in the weather). The ring ceremony was beautiful, the baptism even more beautiful. I had to give the Holy Ghost talk, and Hna Wilde sung ¨I Know That My Redeemer Lives¨. There were about 60- 70 people there and about 30 family of theirs who I really know felt the spirit. Afterwards we ate and they danced and everyone was comfortable and had a great time. I was about the most grateful and happy and relieved that I think I ever have been! Everyone loved every part, especially Karina and Marcello. They cried and were SO happy!!

So, with every one of Satan´s problems he threw at us to make this not happen, with tons of help that God sent us with inspiration and the help of the members, all went well. Not just well but a very memorable night for everyone who attended. I wouldnt recommend doing a wedding ceremony, baptism, dinner and dance all in one night but wow it was fun when we were done! Haha! I will never forget what I learned about faith, prayer, and enduring to the end this week. Changed my life.


Thank you for all your prayers!

Pictures
1) We walked out of the apartment into a lovely snowstorm!
2) The Garridos only have a fireplace for their house and they had tons of family staying there from Buenos Aires so we went to check on them ( and then it turned into a small snowball fight with them) * Notice the clothes still hanging up in front of the house, my favorite part of this pic
3) The BAPTISM
4) Our Zone Leaders,  Hna Diaz and Wilde came to support us! They are the best!
5) Karina marcello and I
6) Maybe you can kind of see how we decorated the cultural hall
7) The registry civil the day before
(8) They love each other like they still are 16 yr old lovebirds!


LOVE,
HNA THATCHER








No comments:

Post a Comment