Monday, March 26, 2012

Baptisms! - March 26, 2012

Still loves puppies!!!! (Little Jackson)


Cathedral in San Luis






Martinez Familia
Hello aLL!!

Things are getting rolling here in San Luis!! The weather is turning into spring and it is perfect weather to go into the streets and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ! We had some small miracles and big miracles this week. 

There was a family we were working with in San Juan that I got super close with the mom, Ana. They got baptized this weekend!!! I was so happy I cried with joy!! This was the first baptism I have had of someone I loved so much that I couldnt be there. It was sad for a second because I missed it by 1 week but I realized it didn't matter because they finally did it! The Lord´s timing is not our timing but I am soooo happy I could have a big part in participating in such a super family. Three more souls in the path to live with our Heavenly Father! 

There was a family that the missionaries had been working with for years. The dad knew he needed to be baptized but wanted complete preparation before, a firm testimony before he made the decision. Well 12 years of testimony worked. His wife is a return missionary and his 11 year old daughter got baptized in the spring (October). Well, the missionaries lost patience and had dropped him (or stopped seeing him as an investigator because he was not progressing) but Hna Farris and I stopped by anyways this Monday. He said that he saw a mormon message on LDS.org about President Hinkley´s last testimony and he knew deep down that he was a prophet. He then prayed for forgiveness all day long and got his answer to be baptized! He was 100 percent sure and said he wanted to do it this weekend! So this Saturday between conference sessions, Ruben will be baptized. The whole ward was so excited because he has been going to church for a long time and basically was a member. Miracle no? I felt like I did nothing to earn such a sweet experience but everything happens for a reason, I´m not complaining! Amazing timing the Lord set things up so we ran into him! 

Besides Ruben, we got some amazing references this week. Hermana Farris and I worked super hard and got 23 references from members etc and within those references found a lot of great families we are looking forward to meeting them this week in our appointments! Lots to do!

Well, not much time. DON´T FORGET THE AMAZING WEEKEND WE HAVE COMING UP! GO LISTEN TO THE PROPHET´S VOICE!!! I am pumped for conference!! The church is true!!! Love every second of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment