Monday, March 12, 2012

to SAN LUIS!!!!!!!!! - March 12, 2012

Well, transfer calls came today. I am sad and happy at the same time. San Juan has been a great and very challenging place and I am leaving about 6 people that are ready to be baptized in the hands of Hna Call and Hna Haskell (from Utah, 7 months on the mission) who will come to fill in for me. The ward is called Pringles and is in San Luis downtown. My new companion will be Hna Farris (who came in at the same time as HNa Call). She actually worked as an athletic trainer at Weber! She remembers me but I don't remember her but still cool. I am pretty excited to go to San Luis so now I will get to see all 3 provinces in the mission. I probably will ¨die¨there but I am more pumped than any other time in my mission to find people. I leave here Wednesday morning and it should be about a 4hr bus ride. There are 4 hermanas there which I am SO excited for. Being a social creature, the 4 apartment places are what I love. I love being together with the hermanas from all over the world, you learn more.

I knew I was being transferred because I had to give a talk this Sunday. That happened my last week in San Rafael too. Not planned. The bishop ran up to me about 10 minutes before sacrament meeting and said that the speakers didnt show up and the Stake President (who is amazing, future 70 for sure) was coming to speak and it would be me and him. Awesome. So I gave about a 15 minutes improv talk about my personal study that say and it didn't turn out half bad (about Ether). I was exhausted though afterwards because the microphone is broken, we don´t have air conditioning in the chapel, and we did the music as always. So I directed the music, gave my talk yelling so the old people could hear, and sweating my face off, and then played the closing song. All in good fun. The members left for a temple trip (15hr bus ride to Chile) so I wont get to say bye to most of them so I am pretty bummed. But, I left on a pretty good note so I am not too sad.

We have a dinner tonight with Lily and Bogdan. I am soooooo sad to leave them. I guess maybe I did the first part and someone else will get to say they baptized professional volleyball players. I have no doubt I will keep in contact with them though. 

So, until next week. I have got to go pack and run around saying bye to everyone!! Love you all!! The CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
 


1) second pair of shoes that has broken. good thing mom sent me more


2) Maria (11) and Maite (10) who are dying to get baptized but Dad says no until they are older :(

3) 4) We took some pics next to a Catholic school


5) My best friend in San Juan, Mirta Cornejo. She is going to leave on a mission soon and does visits with us about 2x a week

6) Hna Call and Mirta thought I didnt have the guts to play against 20 argentine kids to get them to listen to a lesson. I did it. They learned that I never back down from a challenge.


7) Although poor Cristina got changed wards the week after her baptism, she is doing AMAZING!! The ward members there take great care of her and she hasnt missed a week since! 


 

-- 
Hermana Emily Thatcher
MisiĆ³n Argentina Mendoza

No comments:

Post a Comment