Monday, September 26, 2011

Transfers......kind of haha‏ September 26, 2011




Heating water for the font


Filling the Font






Hola ALL!!

So, crazy news. I looked at my mission call and I am pretty sure I missed the fine print that read:

¨Hermana Emily C. Thatcher, you have been called to serve the Lord in the Argentina Mendoza Mission¨
 
(Barrio I San Rafael)

Haha, just kidding. But yes, we got transfer calls and I am staying here!  But by the time I am done with this transfer, I will have spent half of my mission in San Rafael. Another 6 weeks here. I was a little suprized and am going to find some special people that obviously I didnt find or baptize the last 6 months. I am going to find people like ¨Where´s Waldo¨ but more like ¨Where are the Lord´s Chosen¨ in this beautiful area.

This weekend, another daughter in Flia Gonzalez´s family got baptized. The parents now no longer want to get married so I am really bummed but we will keep working. Funny story on the baptism this weekend. Brisa, is 9 years old. She is loud and very outgoing. But, when it came time to get in the fount, she cried like a baby and refused to get in. We waited for 5 or more minutes until I thought  ¨well maybe if I get in with her since she trusts and loves me, she will feel more comfortable¨. So I walked down into the fount until the second to the last step barefoot with her to then hand her off to Marcelo Garrido and he baptized her very quickly. We also closed the baptism doors so the witnesses where behind me because she was so nervous. In the end, it was an awesome experience. I learned a lot and it is fun to laugh about now. A few of the elders from our zone went to support us and they joke that that is the closest a Hermana has come to baptizing haha.

So, springtime is wonderful here. I have major allergies to some kinds of plants that obviously are not in the states or maybe is it from walking in dirt all day, who knows. I really am enjoying myself a lot. Hermana Wilde is going to San Juan so I am sad because she is one of my closest friends but Hna Anderson is training and her new companion will be here Wed. which is exciting for her.

Love you family and friends,

Hermana Thatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment