Sunday, January 30, 2011

Farewells and Goodbyes

Party #1 (SUPRISE!!) Last friday we had a dance at church and some of my most amazing a creative friends decided to throw me the BIGGEST SUPRISE FAREWELL PARTY any missionary has ever had. Britney stauled me after the dance and then we came home to a house full of tons of friends as well as a pancake breakfast! I was sooooo happy and excited to have such a great suprise. Krista and Britney partners in crime and close buddies for some time now and I am going to miss them terribly.We danced and ate all night and I definintely went to bed with a huge smile on my face.

That Sunday I had to give my first of two farewell talks, this one in the University Ward. It was bitter sweet because I really have grown up a lot while in that ward. It didn't go as well as I thought it would (I was very nervous), but I knew my big talk was the following week so I was geared up for that.

Party # 2 . The following day all the people at the office got together for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was fun to have the family meet all my friends and co-workers at the office. Our office knows how to have fun!There are some families and friends that I have grown so close to, its amazing how blessed I have been.

On Friday Grandma Pat Hargett came all the way from North Carolina to listen to the farewell talk and spend time with me before I left! How awesome is that? We have had a great time catching up and spending time together. She is probably the funnest and most active 75 year old lady I know. She attends all the major events for all of her 23 grandchildren- what a woman!

Party # 3 for the week: The Family Friend's Open House. We invited family friends just for a casual ice cream dinner. It was great to see families that had helped raise me and how they were doing. it was a caus

Around that brings us to today. Wow what a day! I think I am the most loved young woman around! I invited the office to my farewell in my home Rio Grande Ward. I was VERY nervous to speak infront of so many friends who I usually am goofy and secular with rather than serious and religious. It was a side of me that I have shared a small part of, but it is such a huge part of my life.Well, I was so so amazed that about 20 people with their families and kids from work came to watch! I almost cried when I saw these people who had never been to a Mormon congregation come to support and show their love for me. The talks went very well. Andrew spoke, followed by Mom and Dad. Erin and the young women did a beautiful musical number as well which really brought the spirit to the meeting. I had a hard time from being emotional as I tried to convey my testimony and share the reason for my decision to serve a mission with the people I love. It was an amazing meeting and I hope what we said touched people's hearts. Now basically all the parties and farewells are over; it is really happening that I am leaving.
Family pictures after church (of course the dogs had to get in the picture)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! You are going to be the BEST sister missionary ever! I

    ReplyDelete