Sunday, January 9, 2011

Preparing

I had such a great weekend! We drove up on Friday to Albuquerque and spent the night (Mom, Dad, Andrew, Aubrey and I). The following morning we woke up at 5:3om before the sun was up to go to the temple. After the session we rushed back to the hotel to pick up Andrew and Aubrey to go watch Erin's All State performance at UNM. She did so well on her solos, it actually made me a little teary eyed. I was so proud! She is such an amazing musician.



 Mom, Andrew and Aubrey waiting for the concert to begin.





After the amazing performances, we all went out to eat and then spent the afternoon at the Explora Hands-On Science Museum. I think I enjoyed it more than any of the kids there! We all played like children for a few hours and then the family returned home.



We found a cool mirror tube at the museum to take pictures in. Check out what a daredevil mom I have! I was pretty nervous, not gonna lie!

My close friends Tanya and Courtney picked me up and I spent the night at her house in Rio Rancho, catching up on old times. It was such an amazing weekend and great getaway from the stress of work. The temple just made the whole day, and probably this whole week will go by wonderfully. What a jam-packed amazing weekend huh?

Courtney, Brandon & I waiting for the fresh Krispy Kremes. (Tanya is taking the picture). What goof-balls!


30 more days and I will be in the MTC! Everyday I try to spend time with my family and friends and prepare to serve the Lord. Of course I'm having fun while doing it all! :)

P.S. - Found this quote I really liked:
"To every man there comes in his lifetime that special moment when his is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered a chance to do a very special thing, unique to him and fitted to his talents, what a tragedy if that moment finds him unprepared or unqualified for that which would be his finest hour." -Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment