Sunday, July 28, 2013

Birthday reflections... I was here.

I think since about the age of twelve I have been a Destiny's Child/ Beyonce fan. Not quite sure why. She probably doesn't even write her own songs nor performs them at times, but I like the strong woman she exemplifies. Don't worry, she's definitely not my hero though. She has many silly songs that mean nothing, but this one truly describes the feeling I hope I have some day:

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here

I want to say I lived each day, until I died
And know that I meant something in, somebody's life
The hearts I have touched, will be the proof that I leave
That I made a difference, and this world will see






I turn 24 today. I think I've reflected more on this birthday than any of the rest. I am looking back on what I've done in these past 23 years Heavenly Father has given me and looking forward and setting goals for the next decades of life. 

I have lived in five states, two foreign countries, and visited ten foreign countries. I am a sister for my three beautiful younger siblings. I have won state championships. I have broken four bones, had seven surgeries, and lived through many a concussion and major accident. I have learned to ride a motorcycle, drive stick shift, and four wheel vehicles better than most boys. I have learned from my father to love cars and be proficient in pistol and rifle shooting. I have played basketball at a collegiate level on full scholarship. I have made teammates and friends from countries and states whom I never will forget. . I have served a full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Mendoza Argentina. I have learned and speak fluent Spanish. I have graduated college with a Bachelors degree in Kinesiology and Business Administration. I have watched countless hours of surgery and worked thousands of hours with medical patients. 

What I still have left to do:

I want to be married to my best friend and have a beautiful family. I want to attend medical or physician assistant school and help others who are sick. I want to balance my career with service in the church. I want to learn to play the piano and learn to maintain my car. I want to serve and find more people who need a helping hand. I want to teach my children to love The Lord, love learning, and to work hard. I want to serve a mission with my husband. I want to be financially secure. I want to quickly return to Argentina and then visit Central American and Africa. I want to have roommate and teammate reunions for life. I want to attend the temple weekly for the rest of my life, and if called- work in the temple. I want to do geneology every week and inspire my family to do so. I want my friends to learn of the gospel of Jesus Christ and find how much God loves them. I want to be my husband's biggest fan and strongest supporter. I want to retire and travel around supporting my grandchildren. I want to live until I'm 100!

I want to be able to say "I WAS HERE"





1 comment:

  1. You DO live each day. Hope you know how much you are loved! And I'm looking forward to many years of roommate reunions. Yessss!

    ReplyDelete