Monday, April 23, 2012

transfers!! - April 23, 2012

TRANSFERS TODAY..............................AND:.........................................GUESS WHAT??? I´m going to train. ¨YYEaaaHHH (ssarcastic voice haha)¨¨
 
So on Wednesday I will be taking the trip to the offices in Mendoza to do the training meeting for the 4th time and picking up my newbie companion. I am pretty excited actually because I heard she is Latin but those are just mission rumours. Hermana Dana (my second ¨hija¨ or person I trained) is also going to be there training so I am psyched to get to see her. Hna Farris is going to Mendoza and Hna Shapiama too. Hna John stays here with me and she is getting a fairly new Hna from Paraguay which should be cool. I am super pumped to work right now and the Lord is giving us lots of success so hopefully she comes in ready to work and we will have a great team! Most people at the last couple months of their missions ¨burn, or get trunky¨ but I feel the opposite....for now haha!
 
.....probably because the last 3 weekends in a row we have had baptisms and NEXT weekend too. I plan on keep lining them up until I go home! I still can´t believe how the Lord keeps giving us people in our hands. The ward and bishop love us to death right now thank goodness and they are helping a ton. The girl that is going to get baptized in Gisel Rivera. She is 14 years old and all her family are members that had gone inactive (They went inactive or stopped going to church before she turned 8) and now we are working with them all to come back. She is super sweet and strong girl and the young women's are doing an amazing job to get her involved in everything. How sweet no?!
 
This weekend went amazing with the baptism of Flia Lopez. As you might have seen, the 15 year old boy did not get baptized which was a heart breaker. The parents are divorced but the dad told the son he didn't give him permission to do it which was very sad. We will keep teaching the dad and maybe in some time Jonathan can get baptized. Carolina and Yenifer are the most adorable and faithful little girls (and the Mom). They walk 1 hour to church and this week in the cold to their confirmation (Well Hna Farris and I volunteered to walk with them and I think we complained more than they did) (Partially because we live 2 blocks from the church so that was 2hours of walking early haha) . Makes me think of how more faithful the members are down here in sometimes that we take for granted in the states.
 
Until next week. The Lord´s work can´t be stopped. Especially not in Barrio Pringles San Luis Argentina.
 

Typical mission pic. Corney.


Preparing the baptismal clothing

I miss burritos but A LOT. So my new thing is make this dough like biscuit and then cook it like a hot pocket. Closest thing to breakfast burrito I have.


Me and Carolina & Yenifer


The Hermanas of San Luis


All of us at the baptism. The Elders helped us a ton with this baptism especially because I got a bad stomach bug this week so they helped and taught them lessons for us. They are probably the some of the best elders in the mission so we are super lucky.


In San Luis it rains a lot. It POURED this day!


As you can tell, they are tiny people. I look like I have been taking growth hormones next to them. Candida was born and raised with her 9 siblings in the country an they are like the native people or race of Argentina. Pretty cool. Her mom is the one who got baptized a few months ago and gave us the reference! Super faithful and super hardworking people!



The family at the baptism. It was a super windy day. Here it is like Chicago...always windy.


My friends the cows. About the only ¨wildlife¨here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment