Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Zonda & Suprises - December 12, 2011









Barrio Party

HOLA ALL!!!

This week was amazing!! We have a group of awesome investigators right now and one guy Mario (21years old) is on the way to baptism this weekend! Marta is still trying to find a place to live with her boys and so it is complicating her studying and dedication a little so we are waiting a little longer. REALLY tough things the people face down here that we take for granted in the states. But shoot, my house finding skills are getting better.I am sure I will be able to use that is the future....

Mario is the boyfriend of a less active girl in young women's we have been working with. They both are reading the Book of Mormon together and taking our challenges the both of them. He is great and he is just waiting for a fianl ¨yes¨from our Heavenly Father to go ahead with the baptism. He could be a future missionary though! Speaking of future missionaries, President Avila said he just visited San Rafael and said he met the Familia Navarro and he congratulated me for the amazing family they already are in the Church and Matias is still getting ready for his mission. I told him it wasn't me but I was very proud to hear they are doing well. 

So the reason Pte Avila came down was to speak at our Stake Conference this weekend and do interviews with us. He really is the most amazing leader in the church I have known and shows so much love for us. My interview went great. But.......haha.....he asked me a suprising question. 

¨Hermana Thatcher, transfers are next week.... do you think you could take the load of training again?¨. 

Ohhhh.... Inside I thought to myself. ¨I will have spent over 3/4 of my mission training¨ but somehow I spit out the words out of my mouth before I even thought about it more¨Yes President, whatever you and the Lord need of me¨.

So, next week I will go drop off Hermana Wilde at the offices and airport and pick up my newbie on Wednesday. Not sure if she will be latin or gringa. If she is gringa, I have already started praying that she knows at least a little spanish. President made me feel good though and said I have done such a great job with it that he trusts completely in me. That was nice to hear among other things he said. But, being the only sister missionaries in two zones here (around 40 elders) and living alone in a pension for 3 months, I pray that we get along well haha! It will be great I know. Obviously the Lord has more things he wants me to learn and I want to be the best missionary I can for Him so I am willing to do it all. THIRD TIME WILL  BE THE CHARM!! 

So Stake Conference was great! Missionary work  theme dedicated! Our area is about 30 minutes in bus away from the Stake Center but we managed to get 8 investigators there with some amazing miracle. And today for PDay we went to a hike in a small town or place called Zonda. The member from another ward that helps us with lessons every week (Hna Mirta) took us there to be our guide. The weather was overcast so it was great! Hope you like the pics! The other picture is of a group of bikers that made me think of Dad. There are tons here that look like they are part of teams. The last picture is our combined ward party (we share our chapel with another ward) this week. There was a folkloric dance and everything! Way more fun than any American ward party for sure!!

My favorite scripture of the week.  John  chapter 15...
aAbide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
 I am the avine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without bme ye can do nothing.
I will trust and abide with Him so He can bring be to find and bring forth fruit (people). 
Love you all. I am thinking of you a lot in these holidays. I pray for your health and safety.

Hna Thatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment