Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas in Argentina - December 26, 2011

Merry Late Christmas everyone!!!

It was probably the best Christmas I have had in my life. I think I really understand the meaning of Christmas and not sure I am ever going to want to have an American Christmas again. We had a simple Christmas Eve and day. On the 24th, we visited the less active members and sick members all day and made cookies for them. We passed by our investigators and make them bags of sweets. Then in the night, we went to dinner with familia Luna. I bought us cheap Santa hats and we knocked on their door and sang hymns and then went inside. They loved that!  They are an awesome fun family who have 4 kids and made us a simple beautiful dinner and we laughed and enjoyed the time for hours. They shared with us all they had and gave us a small present when we left, a small coin purse. This gift probably meant more to me than any other gift of the year because they showed us so much love and I really felt what Christmas truly was about, remembering our Savior´s birth and serving and loving like He did. We walked home that night to thousands of fireworks and although it was hot and felt more like 4th of July I was so happy. Without all the commercials, presents, stress, merchandise of Christmas I found the true spirit of Christmas: love, gratitude and service. Sunday was a one hour service but we had two new investigators there. We went to lunch with members and then I got to talk to the family which was amazing! I feel like sometimes only a few weeks has passed but then I remember it has been 10 months. I miss them a lot but I still have 8 months that I can do the Lords work here which makes me very happy!

So backtracking a little. I dropped off Hna Wilde at the offices this Monday and picked up my newbie companion on Wednesday (training again). Hermana Call from Pocatello Idaho! She is absolutely amazing and a great worker. It will be a good transfer. She lived in Ecuador for 5 months doing orphanage work and was a EMT and did river rafting guides during the summer so obviously we have lots in common! 

Til next week! We go to Mendoza on Wed again for a Christmas conference so I am excited for that! May the Lord bless you with a great new year! 

Hna Thatcher

Marta after her baptism


Our District and Leaders
 
Argentinean Cowgirl


Saying "Good-bye" to Hermana Wilde


Me and my "newbie" Hermana Call


Christmas in San Juan Argentina!!


No comments:

Post a Comment