Friday, May 27, 2011

May 23, 2011 - First Transfer!

Hello Familia y Amigos!

Well I officially ended my first transfer! We just got transfer calls and I am staying here with Hermana Richins!!! YEAAHHh!! It could change, at least with her but I am staying here for sure the next 6 weeks so I am excited!

This week. Wow. I learned a lot about myself, the scriptures, ummm and what feeling like having bugs and a sinus infection at the same time feels like haha. All in good fun though! Yes it was hard but really I laughed through most of it. Monday my stomach started feeling bad and by Tuesday it was bad news bears. I knew I would get sick because people serve us all sorts of interesting things. Some of the drinks I can taste the dirt in my teeth haha. Oh well! The best part of the story is that I stayed in 1 day and went stir crazy and the antibiotics (which you just go up the the pharmacist and ask for and he gives you a certain number of pills without labels or instructions) helped with both immensely! But that picture is truly how I felt on Tuesday. Thanks to a priesthood blessing and the crazy part of me that loves to work in any situation, I kept on going until my companion got it haha. I really hate being sick, not because I feel uncomfortable but because I hate missing the work! SO this week was a great lesson on patience. It is really a ton harder to teach in another language when your nose is running and your stomach hurts. Builds character! 

BUT, we still did work and we found another awesome family of 6. They are Evangelical so they promised to come to church if we go to theirs. So Wednesday night we are going! I'm pretty excited! Also we got permission to go to this local dance performance in a nearby park that one of our newly baptized 13yr old Marlene was performing in. SOOO sweet!!! I loved it probably too much but it showed so much of the culture here! Tango, salsa, folk, all sorts of sweet stuff! I took videos and loved every second of it. She did awesome too. We sat next to her mom Claudia who is one of our investigators and I think won some points with her. So all around great decision and I was very glad to go.

The last picture is this family we visit. They are 96 years old members! They love love love when we go over so we try to stop by every other week to just sing a hymn and share a scripture. Family Ponce. Precious angels! 

So things are on the upswing and I feel a hundred times better! Learning so many lessons here it is amazing. The work is just as great as even and yes the church is still true, even here in San Rafael Argentina! Thank you all and please help your local missionaries if you can. We are all in this together and what joy you will feel!!


Love, Con Amor,
Hermana Thatcher



Folk Dances

La Familia Ponce (96 years old!)

More Folk Dancing

Just Hanging Out

Feeling Pretty Sick

No comments:

Post a Comment