Sunday, April 10, 2011

Last Letter from the MTC & USA!!!! April 5, 2011

Hola Mis Amigos y Familia,
 
Last email here at the MTC. Pretty sad but gosh I am excited and anxious to get out in the field! I have another pday on Saturday but no emailing (I might send out some letters though if I have time during packing). Here are the highlights of this amazing week:
 
 
1) 
*****Salt Lake to Atlanta 11am-4:30pm, Atlanta 8pm- Buenos Aires 7:30am (all times of actual time zone I will be in) !!!!!!!!!! (Notice no plane ride to Mendoza scheduled!!)***
Travel Plans! We checked the mailbox about 5 times on Thursday and finally in the evening we got them! We all jumped around and sang songs and now it feels real. I guess my Visa is ok because if it isn't you usually don't get travel plans which is great news. My whole district (or the 8 out of 11 who will be going to Argentina) will be flying together the whole way! What a fun mormon party plane! It will be great though because I have grown to be good friends with them all. We have all grown a lot together and really enjoy the experiences we have had at the MTC together. Once we get to Buenos Aires though we all separate to our own missions. We have I think 6 or 8 going to our mission but other than Elder Boyd, Kelly and I they must be from the beginner Spanish class since I have never met them before. I will be the only Hermana though, how fun haha. The best part of the trip are these three things: 1) We don't have to leave the MTC at 3am like lots of people, we leave at 8. 2) We have a 4 hour layover in Atlanta so I will have plenty of time to make phone calls 3) We think that we are riding a bus from Buenos Aires to Mendoza!  We don't have any flight info on the ride from Buenos Aires to Mendoza and the travel center said we might be riding a bus there- they have no info! What an adventure no? Don't worry, I bought motion sickness medicine and might possibly get to see the whole country of Argentina which would be great. The ride would be around 15hr maybe (or so we have calculated). I just think it will give me a head start on getting to talk to people there. So I guess I will let you know as soon as I know- which maybe wont be until I get there! :)
 
 
 
2)
GENERAL CONFERENCE!! How awesome was it?! Such a powerful experience to sit in a gym full of over 2000 missionaries taking notes and seeing the prophets and apostles in theater sized screen. Yes it was hard to sit for so long in hard plastic chairs and then go and study spanish in between but we mad it through. I see it as a small sacrifice compared to people all over the world who have to travel far distances just to hear it. The awesome part was that the speakers : Jeane Stevens, Kent Richards and Richard Maynes all just spoke in here to us at the MTC! How cool is that? We haven't had an apostle here yet (not sure why) but I am so glad to be able to watch conference here. It was such an upllfting experience before I get ready to leave
 
3)
What I have learned here: EVERYTHING. But a news station in Salt Lake (KSL) did a story on the MTC and I made the film (for a few seconds during a devotional haha). It is long but really shows what we do here and what everything is like. I hope you can search it and share it with everyone because I think it will answer a lot of people's questions. But besides that I just can't even begin to explain how much I have grown here. You really can't ever measure something like spiritual and personal growth but if I could, it would be unreal. My testimony of Christ and the Gospel has grown unbelievably. I am still kinda nervous to step out of the plane in Argentina and say goodbye to English for 16 months, but I feel I used my time wisely here and worked hard. I guess that is all you can do. But more than a little nervous, I can't wait to begin this mission. I can't wait to meet the people, teach lessons and hopefully change some one's life like the gospel has changed mine.
 
Thank you for all your prayers and I hope to be able to have more time to write more people once I get there. I love you all and wish me luck!
 
 
Con Sinceridad,
 
 
 
XOXOXOXOX
Hermana Thatcher
 

No comments:

Post a Comment